Monday, May 16, 2011

I'm Not by Pam Smallcomb and Robert Weinstock

Evelyn, the best friend of this book's narrator, is a lot of things. Circus performer. Arctic explorer. Really good at roller skating really fast. Up on the latest fashion trends. The narrator is not. Sometimes it seems like they don't have very much in common. But then the narrator realizes that she is things that Evelyn is not, and that there are lots of things that they can do together. I'm Not is a lovely book that celebrates friendship and individual strengths, and is a great book to share with any kid (or adult) who feels like they don't always measure up. I love the message of the book as well as the illustrations by Robert Weinstock. I love his style and how he captured so well the personalities of these two dinosaurs. I highly, highly recommend this book.

Find it at Random House.

Read it with:
George and Martha by James Marshall
Frog and Toad are Friends by Arnold Lobel
Can You Dig It? and Other Poems by Robert Weinstock
I'm the Best by Lucy Cousins
I'm the Biggest Thing in the Ocean by Kevin Sherry

No comments:

Post a Comment