Friday, May 20, 2011

We Are in a Book! by Mo Willems

Elephant and Piggie are back - and this might be their biggest adventure yet. Gerald feels like someone is looking at him, and he and Piggie discover that they are in a book! They can make the reader say words, including really funny words. But then Piggie tells him that the book has to end, and Gerald starts to worry what will happen to them then. Will they be able to find a way to stop the book from ending? Turn the page and find out!

I think this is my favourite of the Elephant and Piggie books (who are my favourites of Mo Willem's characters). It's just so clever and smart and funny. I love meta books that play with their own bookiness. I was very pleased to see that this book won a 2011 Theodor Seuss Geisel Honor Medal.

Find it at IndieBound.

Read it with:
Can I Play Too? by Mo Willems
Do Not Open This Book by Michaela Muntean
Chester by Melanie Watt

No comments:

Post a Comment